The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 9 May 2016

Upcycled Picture Frame



Hello everyone, I hope you had a glorious weekend!

The gorgeous weather has continued here in Norfolk, so on Friday I gave the summerhouse a good clear out and clean.  I am still having fun rearranging and hanging a few pictures up, but I will take some snaps to share with you soon.

This beautiful Vernon Ward print was loitering around at the back of the summerhouse.  I absolutely love the work of Vernon Ward, I have one of his swan prints in my bathroom (see it here).  His paintings of floral displays, swans, deers and seaside landscapes have for years been seen as deeply unfashionable so have been banished to car boot fairs and charity shops, but their retro prettiness and divine colour palettes mean that their popularity is now having a resurgence.  I picked this one up unframed and backed onto board for a few pounds from a car boot fair.  It needed framing as the board it was on was curved and warped, and wouldn't stand up straight!  I bought this chippy old frame before Christmas from my favourite shop's closing down sale.  It was about an inch too big, so I had to deconstruct the entire frame, saw some ends off the length, and screw back together.  Because I wasn't using a proper angle saw, when I put it back together it was completely wonky, so I had to do a bit of filling and touching up in the corners!  However I'm really pleased with the result, and it looks like the print and frame were made for each other.  I now have heart eyes every time I look at it.

I picked up some pretty bits from the car boot fair over the weekend which I will photograph over the next couple of days, so do pop back!

Tamsyn x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig