The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 17 March 2016

Upcycled Pallet Kitchen Cupboard - A Work in Progress





Hello everyone!

After a crazy busy week of helping out with fashion shows and having my parents to stay, things are finally getting back to the regular routine.  I had an unexpected day off work yesterday as I had a sick child at home with me, which meant I had the chance to start painting my new cupboard that my dad built for me.  This is very much a work in progress, but this gives an idea of the finish I am going for.   I had a fabric curtain there before, and my washing machine is in this recess.  I love these doors so much, which are made from old pallets, I'm painting each plank a slightly different colour for a mismatched look, which is a great way of using up some of my sample paint tins!  I've got some beautiful glass handles which I will be putting on the doors for a bit of a contrast in texture - smooth glass and rustic wood.

I've now also got a cute little cupboard to hide my gas and electric meters, skirting boards, and my front garden is in mid prep for planting - all very exciting!

Tamsyn x

Share:

1 comment

  1. I love the softness of these pale ice cream colours. Just perfect! Tania at FARRAGOZ ~ Online Courses in The Art of Patina

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig