The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 3 December 2015

Starting to feel festive...



Hello everyone!

The first traces of Christmas decorating have made their way into our house!  We bought our first little Christmas tree the other day, and the fairy lights have started to go up.  I'm looking forward to opening my boxes of vintage glass baubles, and choosing a big tree next week with the children.  

You can catch a glimpse of my new dining room door in the picture above.  I haven't finished the paint work around it yet, but when I have, I will share a before and after picture with you.  It has made a huge difference to the light coming in the dining room, and I'm really please with the finished result.  One of the saga's that occurred whilst the door was installed, is that my beloved green cupboard had to have the back of it chopped off by a few inches in order to fit back into the recess!  Thankfully it still looks beautiful but it was certainly an interesting couple of days!

I'm very excited because I had to take the rest of my holiday before it runs out this year, and as result I have next week off.  Bliss.  I have all sorts of plans - have a pre-Christmas clear out, photograph lots of lovely festive posts for you, and who knows, I may even finish my shopping!  I'm also having the house photographed for Norfolk Production, so it can be used as a shoot location which is pretty exciting.

Have a wonderful day!

Tamsyn x


Share:

1 comment

  1. I adore the happy color in your house and it looks perfect with your Christmas decorations. That cabinet is a dream!

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig