The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Afternoon Sun in my Living Room


Hello everyone!

When the afternoon sun pours in through my living room window, I still have to stop and savour it, if only for a few moments.  Sunlight coming in through windows is a not a new concept, I know - it's been happening to people for many years! ;)  I'm just still amazed by how it floods the entire room and bathes everything in glorious, luminous sunlight.  I love this light so much, that I am considering doing something pretty major to the layout of the first floor of house - knocking through from the living room to the dining room.  This project is far away on the horizon, but I think it will be the making of my home.  I would have to lose some furniture and wall space, yes...and take a (slightly) more minimalist approach to my decor, but that light will then travel all the way down into my kitchen.  I think it could be amazing.

I'd love to hear your stories of knocking through for a more open plan style of living, including the pros and cons.  I don't want to do anything that I would regret, but as the children grow older, I think it could only enhance family life, and add to the beauty of our home.

My new carpet arrives tomorrow for my attic room which I have painted, which is pretty exciting - you can expect some before and after snaps very soon!

Tamsyn x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig