The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 24 July 2015

Styling The Seasons - July



Hello everyone!

It's been a bit of a technological learning curve posting this month's Styling the Seasons post!  I've been so spoilt with my super whizzy broadband at home, and I have my own little routine when it comes to sorting and watermarking my pictures for the blog.  It's all a bit of a long winded process, and my desktop recently (e.g. the last year) has looked like a cluttered jumble of pictures, files, documents and various bit and bobs.  Every time my computer has helpfully suggested that I need to update my browser, I of course have ignored it!  (Change?  What's that?!  No thanks!)  So, coming down to my parents with my middle aged laptop with it's outdated browser and no memory, coupled with their less whizzy broadband, meant that I had a bit of a challenge on my hands!  I'm ashamed to say that I almost had a teenage sulk, huffing and puffing and generally getting into a bit of a tizzy because I couldn't upload my pictures.  Such a silly thing to get in a tizz about, in the grand scheme of things.

So, I took a deep breath, removed about 3000 photographs and put them on my external hard drive.  Being the hoarder I am, this was a terrifying task.  I downloaded a new web browser, which took nearly all night.  Installed the browser.  Went to the village cafe this morning which has wifi, to upload my pictures and download a new watermark app.  And here we are!  It's funny how the smallest change to our routine or habits can send us into an indignant frenzy, but sometimes you just have to do it in order to move forward.  Sometimes change is for the best even if we don't realise it at first.  I'm feeling very zen and minimalist right now with my lovely new browser and empty desktop!  It feels like a fresh start.

For this month's Styling The Seasons post, I decorated my little white mantelpiece in my bedroom with some of my favourite pieces.  The vintage French urn on the left was a birthday present from a lovely friend, and the blooms are from my garden.  The pastel heart garland was a little present I gave to my daughter for her birthday, and it's from Paperchase.  My favourite Vernon Ward print, one of my best ever car boot fair finds takes centre stage, and the beautiful pink ribbon rosette was a purchase from the Shabby Chic store last week.

As always you can see lots of other beautiful and inspiring Styling The Seasons posts by heading over to Katy's blog Apartment Apothecary and Charlotte at Lotts and Lots, or by searching the hashtag #StylingTheSeasons on Instagram.  You can also join in on Instagram by styling a surface in your home according to what that month means to you (don't forget to use the hashtag!).

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Tamsyn x
Share:

2 comments

  1. I totally relate to all of the above! My partner always has a go at me bcause I ignore every notification that pops up to update the computer and then I get into a huff if I can't do what I need to do, always because I haven't updated. I can just imagine you in the cafe trying not to go into meltdown ;))

    A beauitful post and well worth all the extra effort. I just love you palette of colours that work so well with the white mantelpiece - it makes me so jealous that i don't have one!

    Enjoy the new minimalist look xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Tamsyn - love the colours together - that painting is beautiful! I recently had to send my iMac away to have its hard drive replaced and rely on my back-up to restore everything when it returned - very nerve-wracking, but thankfully everything seems to be OK. Can totally relate to the stress! xxx

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig