The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Thursday 11 June 2015

Style by Portobello



Hello everyone!

As well as being passionate about vintage home and decor, it follows that I also adore vintage fashion and accessories.  I love to display my collection of vintage beaded bags in box frames and on my bedroom wall, I have a thing for 60's and 70's psychedelic scarves and old parasols, and I have a few vintage sequinned gowns and prom dresses which I love to hang from my wardrobe .  I had a bit of a 1940's thing going on last year, but this summer I'm absolutely loving the 70's vibe that's around at the moment, with lots of tassels, satchels, denim, round sunglasses, heavy fringe - I love it!  I'm taking my daughter to Latitude festival again this summer, and I'm looking forward to rocking my Woodstock look in the sunshine!  (Please let there be sun!)

  Not everyone has access to great vintage or thrift shops though, and that's how the lovely people at Style by Portobello came up with their idea to bring a bit of Portobello Market by post to the discerning vintage fashionista.  It works on a subscription basis, and every month you get sent one of their gorgeous style boxes containing hand picked jewellery, scarves, bags or belts.  My box couldn't have been picked better for me, with the most gorgeous scarf and the perfect brown leather mini satchel.  The scarf might even go up on my wall, displayed as a piece of art as the colours are so beautiful.  Check out their gallery here to see what goodies previous boxes have contained, and their Instagram page here for more fabulous vintage inspiration.

Have a wonderful day! 

Tamsyn x
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig