The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Upcycled Chandelier

Before...
Hello everyone!

A few months ago, whilst browsing in the vintage home shop around the corner from the office where I work, I found this huge, beautiful chandelier.  Although not really vintage (I'd say it's about 10 years old), it was on sale for £45 and so I snapped it up.  (You all know how much I love a bargain!)  It was very grubby, but had all it's glass drops, and I knew that with a bit of a re-spray I could make it look beautiful.  The metal was very yellowy so I used this craft spray from B&Q in a soft off white to re paint it.  (Tip - when spraying, always lay lots of dust sheets down as the fine paint mist drifts - and always do it in the garden, the smell is pretty strong!)  

I had planned to have it put up in the craft room, but once I'd had the kitchen done, I knew it would look perfect in there.  I added some of my pastel glass baubles, and some pink glass teardrops which I found at a car boot fair a few years ago for some whimsical prettiness. 

I'm posting my February Styling The Seasons tomorrow - this month the wonderful people at Laura Ashley gave us some goodies to play with, so do pop back to see what I came up with!

Tamsyn x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig