The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Saturday 5 July 2014

Chair Renovation Project



Hello everyone, I hope you've had a good week!

This chair was a lucky auction buy last year, and it has been in storage until I was ready to put it in my house.  It cost about £30, and I love the shape and proportions.  I'm no expert at all, but judging from the dark wood and ornate carving, I think it might be early 1900's.  I love it and I think once I've painted it and re-upholstered it, it will fit in beautifully in my living room.  Whilst I am the queen of unfinished projects, and really don't need another to add to my list, I'm really excited to get going on this!  I can only do very basic upholstery, so it's going to be a bit of a challenge, plus I need to keep the cost down so I'm thinking of using old vintage woollen blankets.  Watch this space!

Update - you can see my post on the finished project here!

Tamsyn x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig