The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Sunday 22 June 2014

Freshly Sanded Boards



Hello everyone!

I had a really lovely week last week, which included a trip to Manchester to celebrate my dear friend Lucy's birthday.  We only went for 24 hours, but we squeezed in a spot of shopping and some lovely food before going to see Kings of Leon and letting our hair down, rock chick style!

I also had my floor sanding man back to do the floorboards in my bedroom.  It meant moving all my furniture out and putting it all into the children's bedrooms which was a bit challenging, and a couple of nights on the sofa for me, but it is absolutely worth it because he has yet again done an amazing job, the boards look absolutely beautiful.  I took these snapshots yesterday afternoon, straight after he finished, and I then managed to get two coats of my favourite floor paint down. (I'm using Ronseal White Ash floor varnish, for a pale, milky, almost Scandinavian look).

This morning I'm moving furniture back in, and I'll share some more pictures of my progress.  Have a wonderful Sunday!

Tamsyn x
Share:

1 comment

  1. Your home looks lovely. Can't wait to see the finished look x

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig