The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 21 April 2014

Craft Room Reveal Part Two




Hello everyone!

So, I've finally finished the rest of the craft room, hoorah!  In case you missed it, here's Part One here, and you can see some 'before' pics above, including the lovely black mould up the wall!  
We sat at the table last week to dabble in a bit of cutting and sticking, and I even dusted off my sewing machine for the first time since I moved to this house.  I'm so looking forward to getting stuck back into crafts and making bits for the house, and having this room is a real luxury.

The fireplace is so pretty, although it has some fabric wadding up the chimney which I'm really hoping was just put there to stop drafts, rather than hiding a more challenging problem.  I've got a sweep booked to come and investigate, and hopefully to get it swept in a couple of weeks.  The mirror above the fireplace was in my attic - I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it amongst all the boxes of magazines and old rolls of carpet.  I set it free from the cobwebs and the darkness, and painted it a soft, pale grey.

The shelves which were in the alcove decided to give up the will to live, so I got rid of them completely.  I had a battle with the skirting board (it was already loose - turns out I'm quite handy with a saw!) so I was able to just about squeeze the vintage cupboard into the alcove, after giving it the mint green paint treatment!

My bathroom is being done this week which is very exciting, I've taken some 'before' photos and I hope to show you some progress very soon!

Tamsyn x
Share:

4 comments

  1. I want to move so I can have my own craft room after seeing these lovely pictures. :)
    Love the minty green cupboard and the mirror. What a lucky find..
    You have done wonders with your house. It looks so welcoming and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jeannette, so glad you like it - it is all coming on nicely!

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant makeover - you always make everything look so pretty! Fingers crossed for the chimney! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and yes, keeping my fingers firmly crossed - be lovely to use the fireplace again! x

      Delete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig