The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Friday 21 March 2014

Pretty Plates




Hello everyone, Happy Friday!

I hope you've had a good week.  Here, the children have had sickness bugs and I have been generally under the weather, so we are looking forward to hopefully getting our sparkle back for the weekend!

After a quiet few weeks on the house renovation front, things are now picking up again - my floor sanding man started work today on the craft room which is exciting, as it will give us another whole finished room.  Not only that, but I have also been gathering quotes for garden decking, and I'm close to making my final choice of landscaper.  Now that spring is here, I feel that the garden is important not only for myself, but also for the children - the space has great potential, but in line with the rest of the property, it needs a great deal of love.  I hope that this time next year we will see blossom in the garden!

I just unpacked these beautiful old plates, and had to share them with you.  They are far from perfect, the glaze has crackled and discoloured and one has at some point broken, and been glued back together very badly.  I paid £3 for both of them and I think they are so gorgeous even with all their imperfections.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Tamysn x
Share:

2 comments

  1. such pretty plates Tamsyn. Have a lovely weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamsyn, your blog is so pretty! I'm pretty new to the blogger world and I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, I hope that's okay :) x

    ReplyDelete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig