The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 29 July 2013

Car boot treasure...







Hello all!

I went to a car boot fair yesterday, the first one I'd been to in months, so I was ridiculously excited about the possibility of finding some lovely old 'stuff'!  (Think I may need to get out more!)  However both fairs I went to were disappointing, and I had to do some real rummaging to find anything lovely.  The things I did find though, were fabulous.  
First discovery were a pair of retro pink flowery pillow cases, one of which can be seen on the top of the pile of pillows.  I paid 50p for the pair, and they are in really good, clean condition.  I love the idea of layering up an eclectic mix of bedlinens and pillow cases - the bottom two pillow cases were a lucky sale find at House of Fraser.  They are from the Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic range, and I paid £6 for a pair, which is a bit of a bargain considering they are normally priced at about £15 for a pair.
Second discovery was some vintage sparkle which as you know by now, I am a huge fan of.  I am a magpie, a vintage sparkle junkie.  The gorgeous paste leaf is actually a clip on earring, and sadly I couldn't find its pair.  The diamante trim is amazing, and so glitzy, I've got lots of ideas buzzing round my head for uses for that.  The little star brooch is sweet, and the whole lot came to £4.
My last find was the beautiful vintage saucer style champagne glass.  I've got a few vintage champagne glasses now, none of them match but maybe by the time I'm 60 I'll have a matching set!  This one was a whole £1 which I'll admit isn't the cheapest but it's perfect and it's got a lovely etched pattern on it.

I have another post lined up for tomorrow, then on Wednesday I've got a photographer and stylist coming to take some Christmassy style shots for a magazine, which is exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do!

Tamsyn x
Share:

2 comments

  1. I know exactly what you mean about the excitement of rummaging at a car boot, you don't need to get out more at all!! I love the pillowcase, really cute & lovely styling :)

    fenn

    freckledfennell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fenn, thank you so much for your lovely comments! Glad I'm not the only one who gets the thrill of the car boot fair! :D Tamsyn x

      Delete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig