The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Sunday 23 June 2013

A corner of my daughter's room...







Hello all, hope you're having a relaxing Sunday!

Thought I'd just just share a few snapshots of this corner of my daughter's bedroom with you, as it's so rare that it's actually tidy enough to do so!  I bought her this vintage wardrobe 5 years ago from a wonderful branch of The Salvation Army here in Norwich, which has since sadly closed down.  I painted it in Skimming Stone by Farrow and Ball, and added glass handles to the drawer.  The drawer itself stuffed to the gills with fancy dress, tutus and various outgrown Disney princess get-ups, and there is a long rail at the top for all her frocks.
I absolutely love these Belle & Boo postcards, which if I remember correctly I bought from Paperchase.  The illustrations are just so sweet and have a slightly retro feel.  I painted a cheap frame from Wilko to display them in.
The whole corner works pretty well I think, and wardrobe will see her through to adulthood, maybe with some more vintage eiderdowns stacked on top for good measure!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Tamsyn x

Share:

2 comments

  1. It is very pretty - the paisley eiderdown on top of the wardrobe particularly catches my eye :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love, love, love paisley eiderdowns! :-)

      Delete

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig