The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 6 May 2013

Homemade Baby Booties






Hello all!

I love making gifts for friends new babies, and one that I make time and time again, are these sweet little felt baby shoes.  I stumbled upon Heather Bailey's amazing website a few years ago, she designs the most incredible fabrics in the most delicious colours.  Her blog is also very inspiring, with lots of fab tutorials and free patterns, including one for these little shoes here.  They are so easy to make from felt, can be made in an evening or two, and yet they are a gift that can be treasured - one friend said that she is going to put them in a box frame as a memento.  I have made a few pairs now as gifts (you can see the other pairs I have made in the last picture box), I'm just sorry I discovered the pattern too late to make them for my own babies!  I did decorate the girls booties with beads or buttons which are of course a choking hazard, but I made them in 0-3 month size and suggested that they were more for decoration and maybe some snapshots when baby is asleep - they still make a lovely reminder of how tiny their feet once were!  

Tamsyn x




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig