The Villa on Mount Pleasant

Lifestyle, vintage home and decorative crafts...

Monday 20 May 2013

Box frame of vintage treasures...






Hello all!
I'm pretty obsessed with box frames, I think they are a beautiful way of displaying treasures and mementos, from baby clothes to jewellery and wedding invitations.  You can find plain wooden box frames at The Range or Hobbycraft, and these are the ones I normally use.  This one however, came from a car boot fair, and after a lick of paint I decided that the elegant beading around the edge would lend itself to a sweet display of vintage brooches and old greetings cards, as it had just the right amount of depth behind the glass.  I had to rummage in an old box at a car boot fair to find the little cards, and my heart leapt when I saw them, the colours are so divine! (Does anyone get this level of excitement when finding beautiful vintage treasures or is it just me?!)
I have made some nice memento box frames as wedding and christening presents, which I'll share with you soon!
Have a lovely week!
Tamsyn x

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Villa on Mount Pleasant | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig